Medicare Open Enrollment has arrived. Open Enrollment is when you can join, switch, or drop Medicare health plans and drug plans and it takes place from October 15th, 2021 to December 7th, 2021. As long as your plan request is received by December 7th, your Medicare coverage will begin on January 1st, 2022.
Important actions to consider when it comes to Medicare Open Enrollment include:
- Check your mail for notices from Medicare and Social Security, especially an Annual Notice of Changes (ANOC) if you are currently enrolled in a Medicare plan
- Evaluate your needs to make sure you have adequate coverage
- Review the 2022 “Medicare & You” handbook to learn about Medicare coverage and Medicare plans in your area
- Get familiar with 2022 Medicare plans to help figure out what is best for you
- Utilize the help of Medicare professionals in evaluating plans
We know that it can be difficult to determine if you are getting proper coverage at a favorable cost. That’s why we help you sort through all of the Medicare plan options, provide you with detailed answers to your questions, and help you determine which Medicare plan best aligns with your healthcare needs and your budget.
For assistance with Medicare Open Enrollment, call your local New York Licensed Agent Tony Calvacca at 516-319-2214.