If you have Medicare, you may be wondering about supplemental coverage options.
Medicare supplemental insurance, sometimes referred to as Medigap coverage, offers ten different plans depending on your needs and your budget. Plans cover things such as co-pays and other out of pocket medical expenses not covered by your Medicare plan. Since these plans do cost a monthly fee, you may be wondering if it’s worth it to add one to your current coverage. In January 2023, AHIP conducted a survey to see how individuals with current supplemental coverage felt about their plans.
Here's what the survey found:
- 93% of seniors are satisfied with their plan, 80% of whom are extremely satisfied.
- 91% of seniors expressed concern about their financial security were they to lose their supplemental coverage.
- 83% of seniors said their coverage value was excellent or good.
- 96% said that their coverage allows them to see doctors they know and trust.
- 77% stated that they found hospital expense coverage highly valuable.
Medicare Supplemental coverage plans can make a significant difference in the quality of life for seniors. If you’re curious what services and extras may be available to you, reach out to us. We’ll be happy to assist you.